Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Tribute of Sorts

Jamie's hair.

It is a topic of much discussion in our home. When I first met him, his hair was the same length as mine. He grew it out real long in college because he said..."The chicks dig it".



This is Jamie in college with Jill (his sister) at her graduation.



We call this the "feathered" look. He used gel to feather the sides back. Classic 90's.


At this point in his life I don't want to say that he was "ignorant" because that seems very harsh, but his mother did offer him $500 to cut his hair and he declined. Call that what you like.



This is Jamie and me on his graduation day from college. We've gone a little shorter. And yes, I know I used to be way cute in college. Thanks for noticing.



This is shortly after Jamie decided to finally go short. Now...doesn't that look great?! (That's Braden in the picture...so this is about 7 years ago).


This was after we were married. We were in my friend Adrienne's wedding. Shortly before this day, I came home to find Jamie with his head shaved. He used a very savy new haircutting device known as dog clippers. Ladies...he's all mine.



This is this summer, he decided he would start letting it grow out again. I actually really like it this length.


This is after Christmas. It's starting to get a little out of control.
I have been encouraging Jamie for a few months now to please get his hair cut. Today was the day. And this is what he just emailed me...




It should grow back right? He thinks it is very funny and I think he is trying to give me a heart attack. The reason I wanted him to get his haircut this week is because we have a Valentines Gala this Saturday night.

Good thing we'll look real classy. Nothing says class like a "classic" mohawk.

I have tried to convince Jamie that he is in fact not in a rock band and mohawk doesn't exactly scream..."Yes, we are great role models, please give us a baby" or "Hi, nice to meet you, let me build you a baseball field". Not that I have anything against mohawks, but I believe you have to have a certain personality. Or a lot of tatoos. And not wear polo golf shirts and shop at Old Navy. But maybe that's just me.

Looks like we might break out the dog clippers again...

No comments: