Thursday, September 6, 2007

Football explained by a 3 year old

On Saturday, we had some friends and their kids come over for dinner. After dinner the boys retired to the living room to watch football, while Ellen and me sat on the front porch. Annalise, their 3 year old daughter, was going back and forth. She couldn't decide which company she prefered.

After she came out to the porch, I asked her if she knew who was winning the game. This was her response...

"The boys that are falling down are not winning, and the boys that are not falling down are winning."

I'm so glad that I got that clarity.

And I must tell you that I am super excited that football season has begun. We are big Florida Gator fans in my house. I printed out the schedule weeks ago to display on the fridge. We couldn't wait until the game opener last Saturday. We were not disappointed with the Gators performance.

I need to make sure I tell Urban Myer (Gator head football coach), to make sure his boys don't fall down as much and that way they will be sure to win!

No comments: