Thursday, January 31, 2008

Personality Type? I'm clueless...

So. It's 12:30 and I am still in my pajamas. Now I realize that some of you might read this and gasp. But for me, it's a personal achievment. I live for days I don't have to get out of my pj's. Does this make me lazy? Well...I don't think so. I like to think of it as saving the environment. The less clothes I dirty up, the less I have to wash, the less water and detergent gets used, the less electricity gets used...and so on and so forth. So really, I'm going green. Al Gore would be so proud. I know that my friend Jennifer totally understand this position. That is why she and I are friends. We appreciate the feel of cotton on all parts of the body at all times of the day.

As I've been laying, I mean working diligently around the house today, I decided it would probably be a good time to start on the next amount of paperwork for the adoption. It is 11 pages of questions about myself. Now, typically I would love to answer questions about myself. It would be my perfect day....pj's and talking about me. But then as I dove into the questions, I realized it is much more difficult than I thought.

The very first question "Describe your personality; include what you view as your strengths and weaknesses."

I realized, that I actually have to come up with weaknesses.

Ok, that was just a joke. I know that I have some. Less than most. But still.

In all seriousness though, it is very hard describing your personality. I can look at any of my friends and describe their personalities without question, but when it comes to myself I'm not sure if I'm actually describing how I am or how I "want" to be. Because I'm sure those two are very different.

I want to be a fashionista. The real me is still in flannel pj's and an oversized sweatshirt with a little bit of beef stew on the front of it at 12:30.

I want to be a people person. The real me doesn't like going to Wal-Mart because of all the people.

I want to be adventurous. The real me would much rather just stay at home.

I want to be a deep thinker. The real me gets hung up in the Britney Spears drama and has to resist the urge to buy Us Weekly.

So you can see my dilema. And of course I can't write things like, "well my biggest weakness is that I hate to grocery shop because I think Sam Walton had a secret ploy to take over the world with his superstores and stupid yellow smiley faces." I have to write things that will make people like me. Which is hard for me. It's hard for me to be really honest about myself. I can't figure out why.

So if one of you reading this could just leave me a comment and describe my personality that would be great. I would totally take your word for it because obviously I am not qualified to describe myself. I think that I am a superhero, when in fact I was hiding in the bathtub the other day because of the wind.

5 comments:

Susan L. Prince said...

I don't know you therefore I am clueless too.

I can tell you though that you are funny.

There, does that help?

Marcie said...

that's all I have too... I wrote "I consider myself funny, although I laugh at myself way more than other people laugh at me"

Anonymous said...

Let me say…I don’t appreciate my mention in this blog. I don’t wear my pajamas all day. I wear fine linen and purple…I get up before the sun…I weave…and I buy fields. I am in fact the Proverbs 31 woman, with cuter shoes. Oh and I run marathons.

http://jennjennwrites.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

I think you are very talented as a designer and a business woman. I think you are sweet and kind. You are loving and have a heart for children... our you would not be teaching pre-teens of our church.

So what if you spend all day in pj's ... just be you. I like spending my days in my pj's.

nikkib0411 said...

I have been there done that(pj's all day) I stay at home so if I get out of them my children think we are going to meet the president. I only know you through your blog but I think your are hilarious and sincere. Have a great family by the way you talk about them and have a very positive outlook on everything. Anyone that would wring laundry...that means you are very determined. I would break down after one wring. (I mean one piece not one load.) Don't worry about all the adoption papers I filled them out 7 years ago and looking back I ask them all the time if I can redo them because the things I wrote then trying to be the future's most perfect parent are so CORNY. But apparently they thought we were ok because I have twins through adoption. I don't even think they read it because in a few weeks they will ask you the same stuff over. I wish you the best through this process.