Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Only in the South

I have been thinking recently about Southern life. I have compiled a list. Because I love lists. And because sometimes it's hard to make paragraphs out of randomness.

Southern things I don't do:

1. go to the tanning bed (anymore)
2. color my hair (well, not recently anyway)
3. wear big hats
4. wear broaches
5. switch purses for seasons
6. feel the need to match
7. make white beans
8. wear big jewelry
9. say "darlin'"
10. watch Nascar

Southern things I do:

1. fry things
2. fish
3.watch college football religiously
4. cook cornbread
5. feel like food and comfort go hand in hand
6. say "bless her heart"
7. say "ya'll"
8. Use lots of butter
9. have sweet tea in my fridge at all times
10. look out my back window and see this:

This is Jamie's mom and grandma using the paddle boat in our pond. I cracked up laughing when I saw this. Two grandma's, coated in their tanning oil, paddling around the pond, trying to get some exercise. I mean, this is just something you don't see up North. I'm certain of it.

3 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

HILARIOUS MARCIE!!!! I think it is awesome you have a pond to paddle boat in!

The things you don't do would look similiar to a list I would make!!!

Meagan said...

Hey! I have been a bit of a "lurker" on your blog. I am a friend of Megan and Webs and have heard all kinds of fun and hilarious stories about your hubby from Web and Chris Hooper (another good friend of mine). Anyway, I am enjoying your blog, and esspecially this post! Too cute! I would crack up to look out my back window to see two grandmothers floating around in the pond! Ha!

roaringlamb3 said...

Actually the only place I have seen that is up north. And it was a puke green paddle boat to boot!