Sunday, July 6, 2008

What we've been up to

I realize that it's been a ridiculously long time since I have written, and I do apologize for that. I know that it's been hard to get through the week. I am deeply sorry.

There has been a lot of action on the Autry fronteir. In the last two weeks, I've gotten a new job, we've moved Loop De Lou offices, and Jamie has fully installed our pipes for our filtration system which is being installed tomorrow. So, we're moving right along towards parenthood as it would seem. Who new that installing pipe was a prerequisite for being a parent? We didn't learn that in health class.



Anyway, good thing I have a husband who can do anything. He wasn't happy about crawling under our house in the middle of summer (he hates spiders), but it's for a kid.....so he didn't really have a choice.



Also, today we found a dog on the side of the road and brought her home. We are such suckers for pitiful animals. I think they can smell the weakness and they seek us out. She is unbelievably adorable though. We named her Bonnie. We're hoping she sticks around. We trying to give her lots of food so she'll know just how weak we really are.


As if two dogs weren't enough. One day we hope the amount of children we have could equal the amount of canines. That way each dog gets a kid to take care of.

5 comments:

indyhumes said...

Now you are gonna have to get shot records for your dog!!!
Oh well, I guess it is worth it! lol
Glad to see you posted again!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I was wondering about you...

New Job?
New Offices?
Pipes?
New Dog?

The Autry Family has been busy ;)!

Marcie said...

never a dull moment around here...

Meagan said...

Tonight I had dinner with Megan and our friend Lauren. Somehow the conversation turned to you and Jamie (I think we were discussing adoption) and when La asked, "who?" Moo explained... She told a Jamie story or two and I recited a couple Hooper has told me and lauren about spewed her wine on the table! It was great! We also talked about how witty and fun and fabulous you are! Just thought you would enjoy knowing you two were the topic of great dinner conversation tonight! :-)

Boo said...

Hey Marcie...funny thing about dogs...Mike & I have 3 dogs as well and now we have our adopted son Brady! I truly believe that dogs prepare you to be parents...think about it....you have to bathe them, feed them, get their shots, remember to give them heartworm meds and sometimes they get you up during the night!! Ahhhh, the preparation...love ya girl!