Monday, February 19, 2007

French Fries are sent straight from Heaven

I think that french fries should be in the running for the 8th Wonder of the World. They are so delicious. When you haven't had one for a while and you feel like splurging, nothing can quit compare to that first crunchy taste of salty goodness.

Have you ever noticed how someone else's fries always taste better than your own. Not that your own aren't a wonder to beheld, but when someone else has them, they just lure you in. You can't help but reach your hand over and grab one. But then it is so hard. Because you can't stop at just one. Your friend, or in my case...my husband, just looks at you as you have your mouth stuffed with five. All you can do is shrug your shoulders and say sorry. But in reality, your not sorry. You enjoyed every single salty minute of his fries.

I have never met a person that did not like french fries. This is one of the reasons I think they qualify for the 8th wonder. And if they say they don't like them, they are lying or are on a diet and have convinced themselves that "well maybe they're not that good." Just wait until the diet fails or they have a cheat day. I bet the first thing they go for is some hot, crunchy fries.

Now, one may argue over which restaurant has the best fries. I say...it doesn't really matter because I believe that they really are sent straight from Heaven. Anytime I am having a bad day or things aren't going my way...I remember that God did send us french fries and that is reason enough for me to smile.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

French Fries make me smile too!!! (And my pants tight)
I love your blogs!!! You should write a book!! I would buy it! :)

Hargie said...

Hey Marcie!

I love that I can keep up with you on this blog. I am so excited to follow your journey.

And you SHOULD write a book!!

heather (from VGS)