Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's hard to think of anything to say when it is 106 degrees

It would be quit the understatement to say it was hot. That small word doesn't even begin to describe what it is like outside. I feel like you can actually feel the air as you wave your arms in front of you. Like you are parting it. Much like the Red Sea. Except, you know, without Moses and all the Isrealites and the miracle. But other than that, I think it's the same.

In all honesty though, people keep talking about how hot it is and I can say that I haven't really noticed. Just because the only time I am in the heat is from: house to car, car to work, work to car, car to house.

I did step out to water my flowers today. They aren't doing so hot. Or they are very hot as it may be.

But the reason for today's post doesn't really have all that much to do with the heat. Well, that is what originally got me thinking about it, but today I want to write about sweet Jamie.

Jamie gets up at 5:00 every morning. He goes to work, where he works outside in the hot sun all day long. And by all day, I really literally mean all day. He generally gets home at 8:00 on an early night and 10:00 on a late night.

Can you only imagine if that was me? He would never hear the end of it. I would be complaining all the way to ten buck two. (By the way, does anyone actually know where that is?)

But not Jamie. He never says one word about being hot. He never complains about how much work he is doing. I can see it in his eyes when he comes in, but he never, ever, says a word. He comes home every night with a smile on his face, ready to see me, not one time mentioning the scortching temperatures. I really could be learning a lot from him. I have had a yucky sinus infection the past two days and can't seem to talk about much else. I like pitty. What can I say?

I am reminded often about how genuine Jamie is. I am floored by his sensitivity, his good heart, and his love for life in general. He is such an amazing person and I feel so honored that God thought I deserved him. Because I realize often, that I don't. I get to see that sincere heart day in and day out and so often I take it for granted.

And if you think I am writing this just so Jamie can read it (although I might forward it to him...not a bad idea now that I think about it) you would be wrong because he doesn't read the blog. Heck, he just jumped on the who email bandwaggon a few months ago. I just was thinking about how grateful I am to have a husband like him. And how grateful I am for my air conditioner (random I know, but totally true).

3 comments:

Marcie said...

thanks...I can rest a little easier tonight.

Melanie said...

Also, pity is spelled with one "t" unless you think this implies more of it as I do when I spell the word "scarry". Scary does not seem to express nearly the same level of fear as does scarrrrry. See what I mean?

Marcie said...

hahaha! I am a terrible speller, but now that I think about it I should add lots of "t's" into the word pitttty. I do like a lot of it :)