Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I admit it, I made a mistake

So, I know that I am breaking my "blogging" rule by posting this on Tuesday. I'm livin' on the edge ya'll. But something happened to me last night at the dreaded Wal-Mart and I just had to share it with the world.

I woke up with a splitting headache this morning. I think that I might know why....

I must preface this story by telling you that my husband sometimes has "girl" like tendencies. And I promise I mean that in the nicest way. But he loves smelly body wash in the shower. When we first got married and I still had nice lotions from Bath and Body works, he would always use that too. Now, we buy Jergens. It doesn't quite have the same effect.

Anyway....

Being the nice wife that I am (haha), I try to keep us stocked up on his favorite body wash. He loves the Shea Butter scent. And his absolute favorite is the Softsoap brand that is "ultra rich shea butter" with little beads of smelly goodness. I'll pause while you say ooohhh, aaahhh.

But, here is the problem with that. It's nice and all, but it costs $3.50 and it lasts about 2 weeks. Now, some of you are probably thinking, well that's not too bad. But when there is the equate brand that costs just $1.50, it makes my stomach turn just a little to pick up the more expensive one. And I like to buy two at a time, because we all know about my utter disdain for Wal-Mart. So the less I have to go the happier I am.

I promise there is a point. It's coming.

So last night, I was at "the Wal-Marts" and I was in the soap aisle. I decided that I would try to be a smarter consumer and come to a peaceful solution with the soap. I would sniff all the "shea butter" body wash and try to find one that had the same smell with a cheaper price tag. I found one brand and it is "shea butter with oatmeal" and it was 2 whole dollars cheaper. So I wanted to find another brand to bring home to present to Jamie. That way he could decide which one he liked better. Then that one would be the champion and I could buy that from now on and we would live in shea butter body wash heaven at a cheaper price. Life is exciting people.

So I was moving along the soap aisle, minding my own business, sniffing all the soap.

Then it happened.

I opened up one bottle and sniffed and squeezed it at the same time. I made the ultimate body wash sniffing mistake. White soap squirted all over my nose and up it.

At this exact moment a man and his wife turned the corner to see my face adorned with shea butter creamy wash. He looked at me and said "I know you just didn't do that". Yes, mister. I did.

He laughed as he walked away, and said "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

Thanks mister, but you don't have to worry about it, because I will post it on my blog for the world to read.

Thank you very much.

Now, I have this splitting headache to deal with because I snorted soap last night. This should be a lesson to all you kids.

No comments: