Thursday, May 31, 2007

Spring Forth

I tried planting some flowers last fall. It didn't work out so well.



We call this pot the "Planter of Death".

I bought some ferns during the warm spell that we had in March. I jumped the gun. Those sadly didn't make it either. But I must say, I'm not so sure it was because of the weather. I think it might be me.


I do not have pictures of the ferns. I am saving you from that awful image.

I think that plants and I do not go well together. And this makes me sad. I want so badly to grow things. I don't have a problem planting them. I have a problem with the whole watering part. Sometimes I forget. For like weeks. Then they die. Good thing Jamie takes care of the dogs. Sometimes I wonder if I really am ready to be a mother.

Anyway, I decided to give it another shot. I went to Lowe's and got all stocked up. When I walked into the house with the plants, Jamie just hung his head. He actually started apologizing to them. He told them that he was sorry that they had to be bought by me. So much for a supportive husband. Just for that, I think I might stop washing his socks.

Jamie says that I have a "black thumb". But I beg to differ. I think I can pull it off this time. I even bought a watering can.



These are my plants I bought. They have not yet realized their fate. Poor guys.



These are my materials. Notice the Miracle Grow. Because Lord knows, it will take a miracle for them to grow.




There are two pots like this one. They have not been given a name yet. Hopefully it won't have anything to do with "death" in the title.




And finally, this is the "Planter of Death", but she has sprung forth new life. I'm just hoping that life actually stays alive.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Your posts look awesome. Great job!