Thursday, March 22, 2007

It is quit possible that it has gone too far.....

For those of you who don't know, my in-laws live right next door to us. It has been an adventure! We love them dearly and are excited to share things with them. I especially like to share my mother-in-laws food. Well, I guess I don't really share that, just eat it.

So a little while ago I was out sweeping the front porch off, trying to find any excuse to be outside enjoying this wonderful weather. My father-in-law came down with a huge plate of food for Maggie (the momma dog with the nine puppies who took residence in our dog house). Well, as he was leaving he said...

"Why don't ya'll come up for dinner tonight....we are having Mama Sue and Papaw over also (Jamie's grandparents)."

me: "Sure, we'd love to"

father-in-law: "We maybe can play cards afterwards"

me: "Well, that sounds like fun.....but we can't stay too long because the basketball tournaments are on tonight."

Yes...that actually came out of my mouth. What happened to me that I would rather sit and watch a basketball game than throw down on a mean game of Rook? I have lost my mind. I tell you whose fault this is....it's Jamie's. He had to go and bring me that bracket home. Now...all I can think about it winning.

A little side note- I was a cheerleader in high school and college...and couldn't tell you until three weeks ago what an offensive foul was. Seriously people, it has gone too far.

3 comments:

Mark and Hannah said...

ROOK! I love ROOK! It's actually hard to find people that play. You guys are SO coming over to the house for Rook night...

Marcie said...

That is awesome! We love to play Rook....but you better watch out...we learned from the best. We are good.

Mark and Hannah said...

Hey now, no need to give my secret's away over the internet. Plus, how can you cheat at Rook?

Hannah's just jealous of my mad skills.....