Saturday, March 31, 2007

What is it with men and details?

Ok. So let me preface this by saying that I have a wonderful husband. He is sweet, compassionate, loving, tender, and let's not forget....he's a hottie. With all of that said, I must proceed to what he is not.

Detail oriented.

Jamie's boss asked him to go on a men's weekend retreat. His boss graciously offered to pay for Jamie's entire trip, which was very nice. So Jamie agreed to go.

He comes home and tells me about the retreat. Here is our conversation.

Me: "Oh, that sounds like fun, where is it?"

Jamie: "I don't know, but I think in North Carolina"

Me: "Well, what are you going to be doing?"

Jamie: "I don't know, but I think playing golf and fishing"

Me: "How fun! Where are you going to be staying"

Jamie: "I don't know."

Me: "Oh ok. But you might want to find some of these things out before you leave."

Jamie: "Ok."

Now we are going to fast forward to when Jamie is packing and getting ready to leave. It is 10:30 the night before he is leaving.....

Jamie: (getting all of his clothes together, brings in two towels to pack)

Me: "Why are you taking towels?"

Jamie: "I think we have to, it's a community bath house or something like that."

Me: "Well, do you think you have to take bedding also, since you think it is a cabin?"

Jamie: "I don't know.....I didn't even think about that."

Me: "Well, we might want to find that out before you leaving in the morning!"

Sure enough. He did have to pack his bedding. It continues....

While he is on the road he calls....

Jamie: "Hey babe. What's going on?"

Me: "Not much. Where are you?"

Jamie: "Chatanooga"

Me: "Chatanooga!!! Why are you in Chatanooga? That's not on the way to North Carolina!!"

Jamie: "Oh, I think we are going to Georgia."

Sometimes I wonder about that man.......

No comments: